Wednesday, May 29, 2013

No Longer A Kinder Grad Hater

Generally speaking, I have never really understood the whole graduating from kindergarten thing.  I understood last year's preschool graduation... made sense to me... saying goodbye to "baby" school and hello to "real" school.  Kindergarten though, they aren't even switching schools... why the big to do??  I totally understand it now.  The last year was extremely challenging in many ways for Savannah... lots to learn, lots to keep up with, big kids everywhere, girl clique drama (yes, it starts early)... she is literally not the same little girl she was on that first day of kinder.  I mean that in the best way possible.  The last year has very effectively eased her into big kid status.  I 100% agree with why the end of kindergarden is celebrated with a graduation... these little ones have survived a year long overwhelming transition period and are now ready and prepared to be unleashed amongst the rest of the elementary population.  They absolutely deserve to have as many people as possible telling them how proud we all are of them. I know that Eric and I are crazy proud of Savannah and her enthusiasm for school.  First grade is going to be awesome... she is going to be awesome, I just know it.




Savannah with her BFFs and their amazing teacher.  So thankful for the job she has done this year.

Savannah and Olivia with one of their teaching assistants.


The kids loved this stuffed bear... infact, I'm sure most the parents did too.  I however thought that he was a little (a lot actually) creepy.  When we were setting up for graduation the day before and one of the other moms brought this HUGE bear out and propped him up on the bench I immediately thought "this bear reminds me of the movie Ted"(if you don't know what I'm talking about, google it... you will agree).  The group of women that I was working with to set up the stage apparently saw nothing wrong with the bear, because when I shared my observation not one of them knew what I was talking about.  The bear seriously looked like he stumbled into the graduation after a long night of drinking and then passed out on a bench.  Made me laugh that the kids were posing next to the creeper bear... hugging on him and having the bear put his arm around them.  I really do not believe that I was the only one in that entire auditorium that was thinking this.  Come on, people.







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...