Thursday, November 1, 2012

Ursula The Sea Witch & Wayne Campbell

"Whatcha looking at?"
Who do you think won this starring contest... party animal Wayne Campbell or Ursula the sea witch??

Halloween success!  Costumes turned out fantastic, kids had fun, Parents had fun, plus we walked away with a pretty good stash of candy.  Ryder walked and mingled and enjoyed his first "real" trick or treating experience.  Savannah was in heaven with her cousin JJ right by her side.  The two of them ran from house to house getting as much candy as they could.  By the end of the night both kids were done.  They had zero trouble falling asleep last night.

Savannah has known what she has wanted to be for Halloween for over a year now.  She LOVES being the villain, and actually wanted to be Ursula last year... but mommy suggested that Cruella was a better option (that way baby Ryder could be a dalmatian).  I promised her that the next year I would make sure that Ursula happened.  It took some effort on the parts of Savannah's mimi and myself... but it actually came together nicely.  I was pretty impressed with the end result... I'm not going to lie, there were a few days last week when I was wondering how exactly I was going to pull this off.  The make-up really scared me.  I am the world's worst at that sort of thing... I had Eric behind me coaching me the entire time.  After a few mistakes and several touch ups, we finally had a made up Ursula.  Absolutely LOVE my little dramatic villain loving Disney girl.  I'll take this over another pretty princess any day.


Oh Ryder... his costume was much much easier than sister's.  It was decided that he and his cousin Tex (who is 6 months older) would go as Wayne and Garth from Wayne's World.  AWESOME!  Those little boys were so funny.  Believe it or not, the wig and hat did not bother Ryder in the least.  He kept it on the entire time we were out trick or treating.  

Wayne had a mini meltdown during these pictures.  Halloween with a one year old can be so unpredictable.  Are these two not the raddest pair you've ever seen??


Well, and you can't have a sea witch without an Ariel... duh!

Savannah trying to make her cousin sing so she could "steal" her voice.

Part of our trick or treating crew.  Savannah and JJ were inseparable the entire night.


Old School trick or treating... actual door bell ringing... no curb side candy pick up, or trunk or treating for us.

Games set up along our trick or treating route.  Both kids were so excited about this.  It was pretty hard to pull Ryder away.  He just wanted to throw the ball over and over again.



Dinner on the go.  No time to waste... gotta get to the candy!!

Didad with a few of his great grandbabies.

Just for fun, can you pick a favorite??  I can't... tough one.  


2 comments:

Libby said...

Hello,

I was searching for an Ursula costume for my little girl and I stumbled on your blog! I cannot get over how cute this costume is. My daughter also really enjoys being a villain. By chance are you willing to sell this costume?


Unknown said...

what kind of face paint did you use on her? my little sister has a play tomorrow and i can't find a good paint

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...