Tuesday, June 3, 2014

On Her Way To 2nd Grade

I still can not believe that we are already wrapping up the school year.  This is Savannah's last week of school, and let me tell you… she is ready for a break.  If I'm being honest, so am I.  This has been a long year for all of us.  First grade was a lot more work than kindergarten… kinds makes me think that it just keeps piling on as she moves up.  Therefore, we really deserve to enjoy ourselves over the summer break.  I say "we" because, well, I am exhausted from all the school work, and reading, and math, and calendars, and meetings, and packing lunches… Ryder is probably exhausted from being up at the school with me, tagging along with whatever I have to do up there.  So yes, WE are all ready for summer!!  Savannah had another fantastic year, both academically and socially.  She made so many new friends and came out of her little shy shell more than I expected.  I really am proud of the little lady she is becoming.  It goes without saying that we are also very very proud of how well she is doing with her academics as well.  She is excelling and loving school.  On Monday first grade had their end of the year award's assembly.  Savannah received several academic awards and a handful of good behavior awards.  It was the perfect way to kick off the last week of school.  

This banner is pretty fantastic, and pretty sad all at the same time.  Thinking about her graduating high school makes me sad… and thinking about the year being 2025 just makes me feel old.

Receiving her awards from her principal.

Savannah's frist grade class.

Savannah and her wonderful teacher.


Out of all the certificates she got, Savannah thought that this one was the coolest.  She really thinks that she is a member of some special Texas Reading Club.  Kid cracks me up.

And in honor of our smarty pants little girl, I took the fam to the snow cone stand!!  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...