Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Road Tripping Out West

Our annual summer adventure out to California to see my family snuck up on us this year.  I planned it later than normal, and still somehow I was not ready to leave on my scheduled date.  It didn't help that Ryder ended up having asthma issues the day before I was planning to leave.  The doctor put him on breathing treatments every two hours, so I decided to postpone for a day so that he could stay on schedule with his meds and so that he could rest.  Doing breathing treatments while we were on the road SUCKED.  Savannah was a huge help.  She put the medicine in the machine and hooked everything up for Ryder while I drove.  The other thing that became a bit annoying on the drive out was how frequently Ryder had to go to the bathroom.  We stopped way more than I would have liked.  There were even times that there was no where for me to stop, so he had to sit on our travel toilet and pee in the back of the van.  Awesome.  It was a pretty crazy trip.  The kids were both very good though.  Not one bit of whining or fussing or crying.  That is pretty much all any parent hopes for on a two day road trip through the boring desert with two kids.







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...